From 1909 until 1946, students attended classes in the one-room Valley View School at the intersection of Yamhill-Newberg Highway (today's Oregon 240) and Ribbon Ridge Road. After the children from Valley View began taking their lessons at Ewing Young School in 1946, the schoolhouse sat vacant and deteriorating for 40 years.
In 1986, the Valley View School building was moved, in pieces, to George Fox University's Tilikum Retreat Center. Since then, the building has been restored, repainted, and furnished in a manner suiting it's time as an active school.
View Valley View School in a larger map
Photographs ©Michael Launder. All rights reserved.
SCA WEEKLY NEWS REVIEW: SEPTEMBER 12, 2021
4 days ago